EASY N is a light blue coloured solution of urea and ammonium nitrate dissolved in water. It can be applied to the soil:
- diluted in water
- with irrigation water (fertigation programs)
- applied as a foliar spray
- 21.5 % Nitrogen (N) w/v as urea
- 10.5 % Nitrogen (N) w/v as ammonium
- 10.5 % Nitrogen (N) w/v as nitrate
- 42.5 % Nitrogen (N) w/v Total (425 g/L N)
EASY N has a specific gravity at 200 C of 1.32. This gives EASY N an analysis on a weight/weight basis of 32% N w/w (320 g/kg N).
- Biuret (from Urea component) 1.0 % w/v (max)
- Cadmium (Cd) 1 mg/kg Cd (max)
- Lead (Pb) 10 mg/kg Pb (max)
- Mercury (Hg) 0.2 mg/kg Hg (max)
- Applied with herbicide prior to planting grain and canola crops (confirm herbicide compatibility before application)
- Soil injected at planting in winter and summer crops
- Dribble banded in crops, pastures and sugarcane
- Foliar sprayed in crops and pastures
- Fertigated through irrigation systems, including centre pivots, sprinkler systems and drip lines
- Water run in row crops and pastures
- EASY N can be applied in targeted applications to meet crop demand at any growth stage. By being able to split applications throughout the growing season, farmers can better manage crop risk.
- Because it is a concentrated source of nitrogen, tanks don’t need to be refilled as often.
- EASY N is less volatile than urea, so volatilisation losses are lower if follow up rain does not occur.
- Being a liquid fertiliser, EASY N can distribute nitrogen more evenly than solid fertilisers.
- It can be applied with selected crop protection products to save time, labour, fuel and other machinery operating costs.
Easy to transfer and store
- Pumps are used to transfer EASY N, so there’s no need for manual lifting, augers or forklifts.
- There’s no dust or downtime in waiting for solid products to dissolve.
- It can be stored in cost-effective heavy duty poly tanks.
- It does not deteriorate in storage, and can be stored from year to year if required.
- EASY N can be fertigated via irrigation equipment, applied using boomsprays with flat fan or streaming nozzles, foliar sprayed, injected into the soil or sprayed on to the soil.
- EASY N is ideal for ‘little and often’ or split applications to closely match crop nitrogen requirements.
- EASY N can be metered precisely for variable rates.
Incitec Pivot Limited delivers EASY N in bulk on farm using 26 tonne tankers or 36 tonne B Double tankers. It can also be supplied in 1000 litre containers (IBCs).
"Salting Out" at low temperature
Most liquids have a ‘salt out’ temperature. This is the temperature at which crystal precipitation and growth occurs because the solution is over-saturated and the water can no longer keep the salts in a dissolved state. With EASY N this ‘salt out’ temperature is at or below 0ºC. If other soluble salts or solutions containing salts are added to EASY N, the ‘salt out’ temperature will change.